Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Clean-up - Need to change the numbers

While cleaning things up, I realized that two pins were counted as new identifications, and were marked as "unknown," are actually known pins, which means they have been double counted.  Rather than redo all the subsequent posts. I am just going to use this post to drop the counter by two pins.  So we're at:

Total pins identified: 2072

I might go back and change all the posts later on.  So then the counter may not look like it dropped.

EDIT 7/27/2013:  Yep, I'm redoing all the numbers.

EDIT: 7/29/2013:  Good thing too. I made some math errors that I'm not sure quite what I was doing.  I should be through the clean-up in 2 more days.  I'm in the Dizpins image section now.

EDIT:  7/30/2013:  Really good thing. I realized I skipped a couple of pins altogether.  So our current number is:

Total pins identified: 2078

I've now gone through the "heavy duty" clean-up of the site.  The number is hopefully correct, but with such a large project, it wouldn't be surprised if there are still more errors.  I have a few more housekeeping steps that will hopefully reveal any additional issues.  And I want to finish them, before I add any more new images.

Next up, building the sub-lists like Hidden Mickeys, Vinylmation, etc.

EDIT 7/31/2013:  So I didn't get very far when I realized that the numbers were still messed up.  In the very early stages, I was relying on my memory to pick out the duplicates, and I missed a bunch. So pins were marked as new when they shouldn't have been.  Then there was a pin I didn't enter at all.  I think the numbers are correct now.  Or at least the couple different ways I ran through them, all add up to the same number.  So finally:

Total pins identified: 2067

EDIT 8/1/2013:  And one more change.

Total pins identified: 2066

No comments:

Post a Comment