Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Where are we Going? Redux

Time for another "Where is this blog going" type post.

At this point, I've inventoried over 180 images, including all the images on the Dizpins scrapper page.  I've also cleaned up my database so the nomenclature should be more or less consistent.  There are probably a few rouge blank spaces, and spelling errors.  I've verified that the total pins identified count is accurate.

I've built many of the pages to break down the master list into usable chunks for pin collectors to digest. With the pages I've done so far, I still have 587 of the 2066 pins to organize.  These pins are mostly Disneyland and Walt Disney World open edition pins, with some limited edition.  I'm still trying to decide how I want to break these down.

So what's next?

I'd like to get back to cataloging images.  I have a stack of 30 sheets of paper with images waiting to be inventoried, and then posted to the blog.  20 of these pages are from images that were only posted in mid-July and contain many 2011 - 2013 pins.

I need to find a solution for the master list.  Blogger choked on trying to save a straight listing of 2066 pins, so I will have to store a file off site and then link to it.

Figure out some logical method of breaking down the remaining pins.  And this will probably result in some additional nomenclature cleanup as I verify which pins were released only at DLR or WDW and which were released in multiple places.

So the blog is getting there!  I'm feeling more confident that if I start posting the link that it will be something that is somewhat useful to people, and not just a boring list of Pinpics numbers and pin names.

No comments:

Post a Comment